BackOffice Associates, LLC is a worldwide leader in information governance and data migration solutions, focusing on helping customers manage one of their most critical assets – data. Our company’s range of products, built on a revolutionary platform, address the needs of business users seeking to unlock the value of their data assets. BackOffice Associates’ products and services enable organizations to accelerate growth, gain actionable visibility and reduce risks. Founded in 1996, BackOffice Associates has an unparalleled record of success in the most complex data environments across a variety of industries. Customers include many Fortune 1000 companies including Eli Lilly, Kraft and Dow Chemical. BackOffice Associates is a global corporation headquartered in Massachusetts with additional offices in the U.S., Australia, Europe and Asia. We are looking for energetic, self-directed, committed and goal- oriented individuals with the desire to join a world-class organization.
The Product Owner is responsible for converting the product vision and strategy as agreed upon by the Product Management organization into highly detailed requirements that will be utilized by the engineering team during their development efforts. The Product Owner will work closely with Product Managers and other Product Owners to both understand and contribute to the overall product strategy. This role will require a heavy amount of interaction with the engineering teams to ensure sufficient details and explanations have been shared and any questions can be answered quickly and accurately. The Product Owner will have the ability to shape the future of our products through insights, analysis and the ability to define, communicate and realize a vision.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand the vision and strategy for the entire product suite
- Motivate product development teams by providing clear goals and driving the incremental value that can be delivered to our customers
- Act as the voice of the customer so as to clearly communicate the value and impact of features and bugsrepares budgets in order to support the marketing functions related to the product line
- Research new initiatives and features for the solutions in order to create detailed specifications that will drive efficient implementation by engineering
- Works with stakeholders, subject matter experts and customers to gather feedback on existing functionality as well as new product features
- Provides engineering with a dedicated channel for clarifying requirements, answering questions and reviewing/approving developed features
- Creates and updates roadmaps and other delivery schedules through collaboration with engineers
- Maintains the product backlog and prioritizes tickets where appropriate
- Communicate to Leadership, Customer Success, Support and other stakeholder’s rollout plans, feature details and bug status updates
- Will require travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working as a Product Owner and/or Business Analyst
- Experience with SaaS, Data (Migration, Governance, Analytics) a plus
- Strong analytical skills and experience with performing business analytical skills with complex systems
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to business partners
- Experience with work item and defect tracking management systems (g., Visual Studio Online, Jira, etc.)
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development teams
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment
- A passion for product and the impact it can have upon customers
- Strong attention to detail and track record of producing quality work
- Strong team player capable of providing support across the organization to train and assist others
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
BackOffice Associates, LLC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, 401k, long term disability, life insurance and a paid time off program.
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at BackOffice Associates®, please go to www.boaweb.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
BackOffice Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer