BackOffice Associates, LLC is a worldwide leader in information governance and data migration solutions, focusing on helping customers manage one of their most critical assets – data. Our company’s range of products, built on a revolutionary platform, address the needs of business users seeking to unlock the value of their data assets. BackOffice Associates’ products and services enable organizations to accelerate growth, gain actionable visibility and reduce risks. Founded in 1996, BackOffice Associates has an unparalleled record of success in the most complex data environments across a variety of industries. Customers include many Fortune 1000 companies including Eli Lilly, Kraft and Dow Chemical. BackOffice Associates is a global corporation headquartered in Massachusetts with additional offices in the U.S., Australia, Europe and Asia. We are looking for energetic, self-directed, committed and goal- oriented individuals with the desire to join a world-class organization.
Are you ready for your next challenge? If so, we are looking for you! The right candidate to join our talented R&D division is self-motivated, craves challenge and is a natural problem solver. Now that you have a few years of experience, this is a great opportunity to step into your future with BOA.
The Software Developer will work with team members to design, implement, and maintain high quality software applications and components to fulfill requirement established by the Product Owners. In this role, you’ll work closely with fellow developers, QA, Product Owners and Documentation to deliver quality products. You will provide assistance to the Customer Support team by transferring product knowledge and will have the opportunity to work on individual as well as team projects.
- Collaborates with Scrum team members, other software/applications developers and Architects
- Performs assigned C#/VB .Net coding tasks
- Creates tasks and estimates from feature requirements
- Creates unit tests and participates in peer code reviews
- Follows and contributes to design guidelines and best practices
- Provides assistance to testing team, as needed, by aiding in testing and test case creation
- Provides development assistance to the Customer Support team in cases requiring code defect identification or workarounds
- Debugs complex applications to locate reported bugs and issues
- Refactors existing code to enhance readability, performance and general structure
- Creates prototypes of new and enhanced features to demonstrate capabilities and implementation options
- Follows guidelines from Architects and provides feedback if issues are encountered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or commensurate technical experience
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience software development
- Minimum of 4+ years of developing in C#
- Java application development experience, a plus
- Proficient in SQL language and at least one of the following databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2 or MySQL
- Knowledgeable of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must be detailed oriented and a quick learner
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of Scrum/Agile team management
- Proficient in handling technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques
- Understands different programming languages and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Able to concurrently manage multiple tasks and consistently complete deliverables on schedule
- Strong work ethic, hands on style
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a collaborative team
- Proven dedication to providing excellent customer service
- Must be capable of interacting with a wide variety of internal/external individuals at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
BackOffice Associates, LLC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, 401k, long term disability, life insurance and a paid time off program.
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at BackOffice Associates®, please go to www.boaweb.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
BackOffice Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer