BackOffice Associates, LLC is a worldwide leader in information governance and data migration solutions, focusing on helping customers manage one of their most critical assets – data. Our company’s range of products, built on a revolutionary platform, address the needs of business users seeking to unlock the value of their data assets. BackOffice Associates’ products and services enable organizations to accelerate growth, gain actionable visibility and reduce risks. Founded in 1996, BackOffice Associates has an unparalleled record of success in the most complex data environments across a variety of industries. Customers include many Fortune 1000 companies including Eli Lilly, Kraft and Dow Chemical. BackOffice Associates is a global corporation headquartered in Massachusetts with additional offices in the U.S., Australia, Europe and Asia. We are looking for energetic, self-directed, committed and goal- oriented individuals with the desire to join a world-class organization.
As a member of the accounting team, the Payroll Specialist will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information and participate in daily data entry associated with payroll processing. This position is responsible for processing payroll for the US and Canada.
- Enter information concerning new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, bonuses and salary changes from Personnel Action Notices into ADP and payroll spreadsheets as necessary and calculate any retroactive payments as required
- Receive any direct deposit changes and enter into ADP
- Review information for garnishments to determine correct deduction amounts and enter into ADP
- Calculate and enter all payments from timesheets for hourly personnel
- Upload all 401K and HSA deductions to the proper vendor website ensuring any employee changes are reflected and reconcile to register
- Enter changes to deductions for insurance, 401K contributions, FSA and HSA into ADP for each employee as required
- Enter proper state tax withholdings based on employees’ working location
- Receive W-4 and input tax withholding changes
- Calculate salary for returning employees that are on extended leave and those who change salary status anytime during the year
- Verify all changes to payroll via thorough review of payroll register prior to final submittal
- Implement annual salary schedule changes, supplemental payrolls or other management directed changes
- Review W-2’s for distribution
- Make all necessary changes for annual deductions due to open enrollment and reconcile with vendor invoice
- Resolve employee payroll questions
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred), in accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting procedures and payroll processing
- 2+ years’ experience using ADP for payroll processing
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, proportions, percentages, pro-rations
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail in order to provide a great amount of accuracy due to working with employee’s pay and salary
- Capability of working with currency translations
- Ability to work in a high-energy/fast-paced environment and meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Proven ability to multi-task and provide quality results on time
- Ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (oral and written)
- Self-directed individual who is a team player
BackOffice Associates, LLC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, 401k, long term disability, life insurance and a paid time off program.
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at BackOffice Associates®, please go to www.boaweb.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
BackOffice Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer