BackOffice Associates, LLC is a worldwide leader in information governance and data migration solutions, focusing on helping customers manage one of their most critical assets – data. Our company’s range of products, built on a revolutionary platform, address the needs of business users seeking to unlock the value of their data assets. BackOffice Associates’ products and services enable organizations to accelerate growth, gain actionable visibility and reduce risks. Founded in 1996, BackOffice Associates has an unparalleled record of success in the most complex data environments across a variety of industries. Customers include many Fortune 1000 companies including Eli Lilly, Kraft and Dow Chemical. BackOffice Associates is a global corporation headquartered in Massachusetts with additional offices in the U.S., Australia, Europe and Asia. We are looking for energetic, self-directed, committed and goal- oriented individuals with the desire to join a world-class organization.
BackOffice Associates believes that Quality is an integral part of the full software development lifecycle. As a member of the Quality Engineering & Automation team, you will be responsible for key parts of the continuous software development process. In this role, you will work within cross-functional teams alongside developers and dev leads to asses new features, plan and execute tests, and provide quality assistance and testing expertise to all development and integration efforts. You’ll also be responsible for gaining a holistic understanding of the system and solving overarching quality and automation problems including development of test automation frameworks along the CI/CD pipeline. As part of this team, you will also be responsible for owning and managing tools, systems, and cloud infrastructure employed for quality, automation and testing purposes.
- Prime quality and testing efforts on cross-functional teams from test planning, to assistance, to execution and reporting
- Define, document and improve Continuous Testing processes and procedures that fit well with and enhance our CI/CD pipeline and methodologies
- Contribute to designing and developing test automation frameworks for different types of functional and non-functional testing including end-to-end, UI, API, integration, performance, and security
- Create, Update, Improve automated testing as part of the development process that enables stakeholders to gain a fast feedback on software quality
- Collaborate with developers to create tests, identify bugs, raise issues, and assist with root-cause analysis to isolate and address the problem
- Review code changes and determine if adequate test coverage exist between new and existing automated tests
- Own and manage tools, systems, and cloud infrastructure employed for quality, automation and testing purposes
- Communicate information about testing and automation including progress, bugs, issues, results and successes
- Work with the whole Q.E. & A. team to enhance the overall skill set of the team by contributing to testing code base, enhancing our processes and sharing best practices
- Help us innovate and continue our mission of building a great team building great products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or commensurate technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering, software development or related technical field
- Track record designing test strategies, assessing quality risks, and developing a variety of tests: Unit, Integration, E2E, UI, API, Smoke, Performance, and Security Tests
- Experience with building test automation frameworks, integrating tools and working with a variety of automated testing and test management tools
- Experience owning, operating, and maintaining a CI/CD system and pipelines (Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, VSTS etc.)
- Experience leveraging/managing a test environment in the cloud (AWS, Azure etc.), and good understanding of cloud infrastructure and IaC (Infrastructure as Code) process
- Believes in continuous testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery of the software lifecycle: Dev, Ops, Quality
- Experience testing web-based applications and working with BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) frameworks
- Experience with UI automated testing and tools: Selenium, Cucumber, Browser Dev Tools, etc.
- Experience testing SQL and/or NoSQL database(s), and writing SQL scripts
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and working with related tools (Postman, SoapUI, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and common Web protocols
- Experience working with complex data structures, ETL, and automated generation of test data, a plus
- Experience implementing performance testing from the ground up, working with load testing tools (Jmeter, Gatling, LoadRunner, etc.) and performance monitoring, a plus
- Knowledge of Docker and container technologies, a plus
- Proficient in handling technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques
- Ability to understand complex processes and associated interactions
- Experience in agile software process – someone who believes in agile but is not beholden to a particular methodology
- Highly organized and process driven – must efficiently manage workload, have high productivity, time management skills
- Self-directed, motivated, and able to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/ written)
- Collaborative and team player with the ability to work as part of a highly distributed team – great communication skills via Slack and Google Meet is a must
- Hard-nosed and willing to push through challenges
- A penchant for leadership
BackOffice Associates, LLC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, long term disability, life insurance and a paid time off program.
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at BackOffice Associates®, please go to www.boaweb.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
BackOffice Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer